Sunday, August 15, 2010

College starts tomorrow for me! =D

And that is all you get for IRL-related news. =P

For smash, I haven't been playing a lot: sadly my two main friends I play with are leaving, and it's left us with little time to hang out or do anything really. So I have to maximize on this week to get all of my melee-stuff out: because after this I'll be primarily on my own. Though I did watch a bunch of Apex stuff, so that was cool. Hungrybox 2 gud. ^^"

Speaking of the beast, I played him once. It was at CEO in Florida a couple of months back, right before he went to play Colbol in finals. First match was on some battlefield: I tried my best to avoid some of dat fancy platform shit, but it was hard. For those wondering I play primarily Falco/ Marth, with Fox/ Shiek to the side. I know, tier whore, w/e. Should learn Jiggs sometime lol

Anyway, I have a bad habit of complaining beforehand only to have the exact opposite occur. It happens on multiple occasions with friends, and it happened against H-box as well. I started off laser camping in the middle with some bairs to keep him off. I hit him with a laser and I comment at how that would be the only point that I was ahead. Needless to say, seconds later he hits me with a nair(?) for a quick 9%, only justifying my case. But that's the only damage he got off on me that stock....

The match went fairly close from that point, but I got caught under battlefield some how(he deluxed me probably =P), so I lost my stock at 0% when he had two with ~130-ish. I think for my first time playing a competent(he's so much more than that) Jiggs, I did pretty well. Then we went Dreamland where he rocked my shit, JV 3-stocking me while killing myself twice. Our final match was my fox vs him on FoD, and he's HARD to up throw u-air. I gave up, and took the spectator's advice and went with a down throw -> upsmash. He killed himself twice in that match as well(all four suicides were attempts at ledge-cancelled bairs to rests off the stage), but both of those stock were useless at that point so I could say it was a last-ditch effort.... though more likely, I've still got to work my way up.

Now for pokemon. If you know me on SWF, you know I've been doing pretty decent on the ladder with my mono-fighting team. For those who are curious, it's Infernape, Lucario, Breloom, Machamp, Poliwrath, and Heracross. The primary goal of the team is to spam high-powered fighting type moves while SR is on the field so that something breaks through and rapes. So in that sense I'm playing "Heavy Offense". However, I tend to play more conservatively and go for an end-game Lucario sweep.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Inner Focus: Adamant
252 Attack, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
29 HP IV
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

Of course, the primary concern is Rotom-A. I have NO hope of breaking through it(unless I get 3 SDs or something lol) at any point, and not removing it means there's just a big block in the way. While Rotom-a is seen on both offensive and defensive teams, it is MUCH more dangerous on stall where it attempts to live for extended periods of time. My primary switch into it is oddly Infernape(on Will-o-wisps) and Breloom(on anything else). Both can scare it off, since they both wear down on it and bring it to Heracross Pursuit range should they be careless about how they play it. But the key player against any team because of it's ability to lure in Rotom is:

Machamp @ Lum Berry
No Guard: Adamant
248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Speed
Dynamicpunch
Stone Edge
Payback
Bullet Punch/ Rest/ Encore

Machamp is a pain to stall: it comes in on Blissey/ Forretress with ease and brings the game down to luck, turning what would be solid 3HKO counters into being, in essence, OHKOed by Machamp 25% of the time. But we're talking about Rotom.

Rotom comes in on Dynamicpunch aimed at Blissey: big deal. Payback strikes for high damage as they either attack(they won't 2HKO without a boost of sorts) or WoW(yay Lum!). If they attack, then Payback more for the easy win. If they WoW, go to Heracross and abuse Guts+Pursuit. Lucario rapes.

Even with all of this, I've been moving in the direction of another team core that I've had in mind for ages, but just have never decided to go with it. That would be Banded Azumarill, Banded Scizor, and the odd Expert Belt Flygon. With SR up, they easily wear down on counters with U-turn and high-powered attacks(not to mention with the threat of a scarf being held by flygon). Recently I added Sub, T-wave, Iron Head, Wish Jirachi to the equation: though I am considering Sub for maybe Fire Punch, Ice Punch, or U-Turn. I want one more thing to paralyze stuff, and then something to put up SR: I've been using Celebi for this job, and then use a scarfed rotom-h as a spin-blocker(the SR is supa-important).

What has also grabbed my attention recently is something my friend introduced me to: Magic the Gathering. I'm running mono-red burn, so feel free to hit me up on AIM if you want to battle/ do something

and that's it. Sorry about the delay, and hit me up on AIM/ SWF/ smogon if you want to talk about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment